Hey Everyone,
I have officially survived my
first 5 day in Texas. The heat is killer but everyone's air conditioning
works really well. I have so much to tell you but its hard to know to
write in my e-mail and what to save for the letter. So on wednesday when
we got off the plane and met with President Jones and his wife we got
to go back to the mission home and have lunch. It is so nice to have
real food again! Then they talked to us about the mission and I felt
kind of out of the loop because they kept referring to things they had
asked the missionaries to do before they came and me and Hermana Morgan
had no idea what they were talking about and so President Jones would
turn to us a say, "Oh you don't need to worry about that." They are both
extremely nice but I now know what my teacher meant when he said we are
kind of in limbo right now. Then we got to go to the Alamo. It is a lot
smaller than I thought it would be but it was cool to see. It is right
downtown in the middle of San Antonio. We then got to split up and go
place our first Book of Mormon. There were only 3 sisters so we all went
together and the one sister who is staying here totally took the lead
and talked with this lady for 25 minutes. We were able to give a Book of
Mormon to her but neither Hermana Morgan or I got a word in. But all in
all is was a good experience. After that we went back had dinner and
then slept over at some sisters apartment. Then on thursday we went to
the transfer meeting. My trainer's name is Hermana Wright and she is
from St. George. She has just been hear for 12 weeks and she is already
training! She is awesome and I am so excited to work with her! Our area
is Encino Park. Its not a very big area and its just outside the city
limits of San Antonio.
On thursday night we were
supposed to have a dinner appointment with a family in the ward but they
weren't home when we went over so we dicided to knock some doors.
Knocking doors is quite a nerve racking experience! Most people are very
polite in telling us they are not interested. So we knocked a few doors
and we knock on one door and a man answered the door and he and his
wife let us in. They are both Catholic but they aren't happy with where
they are at and so they are looking for something different. So right
there we taught them the first lesson!!! I was so Nervous!!!!! They both
agreed to read the Book of Mormon and we get to meet with them again
this week! Hermana Wright said I did great but I know I can improve a
ton! Later that night we met with a couple and he is an inactive and she
is not a member. They are Awesome!!! I will give you the details about
them in the letter.
We are extremely blessed, we get
to live with a member! In a House! It is the greatest thing Ever! Her
name is Billie and she has 3 dogs!!! I love it so much!!! The members
are also so Amazing! They feed us practically ever night and they are
willing to help anyway they can. My first sunday was great and it was
fun to be in a normal ward again.
I hope I can adjust to the heat
soon or it may kill me!:) I may be buying a few cheap but cool shirts
because a lot of what I have is too thick. The mission refunded me for
my luggage and also the overweight which is Awesome!!!
I am excited to hear that
everything is going well and I hope things work out with Jace and Emily
with their apartment. I am glad they are all feeling better. Also its
exciting that Derek and Kimberly will be leaving in a month! I hope Dad
can get work off so you all can have a little Vacation! I really want to
see dads new duds!!
Well I hope to go into more
detail in my letter. Thanks so much for all of you love and prayers.
They mean everything to me! The mission has been really hard so far but I
know that this is where I need to be! I hope your week is amazing and
have fun in the nice weather. I will never complain about Utah heat
again! I love you all so much!
Lots of Love,
Alayna
p.s. here is the address you can write me at. :)
2318 Park Farm
San Antonio, TX 78259
No comments:
Post a Comment