Tuesday, October 2, 2012

October 1,2012 - Happy October!!!!

Hola Familia!!!!
 
It was great to get your e-mail Mom, Thanks! E-mail is the best part of monday! Sounds like everything is going great. I can´t believe that it is already October! So Hermana Tourtillott has been thinking about her end date since she has a year in the mission. Since we only have a year and a half our end date falls right in the middle of a transfer so we can either go home 3 weeks early or three weeks late. She doesn´t know what she is going to do yet but her family wants her to come home early so she is really struggling to figure that out right now. I am glad I don´t have to think about that for a while.
So this has been a great week! It went by super fast but a lot of good things happened. The conference was great! It was really fun to see Hermana Morgan again and it was fun to see all of the Hermanas in one place and its was cool to think that one of them will be my companion next week!!! I can´t believe that I will be finished getting trained next week and that Hna Tourtillott will be leaving me in crazy Paraná. I am excited but nervous, I still have a hard time understanding and I still can´t say all that I want and so it will be interesting.
Anywho, the conference was basically a day long and we got to listen to Presidente and Hermana Giuliani and also from the assistants. Hermana Giuliani talked about the 25th section in the Doctrine and Covenants and how we can be elect women. The assistants talked to us about having confidence in ourselves and also not have fear of man. It was really good. I learned a lot but the bus ride to and back are always a killer. It wipes you out for the next few days and I found out that I definitely get bus sick.
So I made cookies this week and they actually turned out really good! I was surprised because they don´t have brown sugar here and they also don´t have baking powder and the conversions for things were interesting to figure out too but they worked! We took them to a dinner that we had with some girls that are investigating the church. There are few things that I want to bring back with me from here but one of them is definitely the food. It may not have a lot of flavor but it is super good! Everyone here can cook amazingly! The frying gets me though. After the next year I will be perfectly happy to never eat anything deep fried again, except for the doughnuts we make at home .:)
The nephew of Maria de los Angeles and Marcos now wants to get baptized. He has been coming to church with Maria since she started coming and his mom finally gave him permission to be baptized. So he will be getting baptized on Saturday!!!!!! He is super excited and I have a feeling that he is going to be super strong. He loves church and primary and he loves learning and he is super smart. I am excited for him! Now the only people left in the family who are members is his mom and Maria´s brother. So we will definitely be working we them.:)
So this week Maria Caminos got robbed. Someone came into her house while she was in bed and stole acell phone and her diabeties kit. They didn´t know she was home which was a good thing. Things like that happen daily here, that is why every door and window has bars in front of them. It is super sad but I am glad that nothing happened to Maria.
Well I am sorry that this is again another short e-mail. I need to do better at writing things down because I can never remember when it comes time to write the e-mail.
I hope that this next week is amazing! and that you all enjoy conference. We can go to a session on saturday if we have an investigator with us and on sunday we can go to both sessions. So I am super excited for this weekend!
Well I love you all so much and I can´t wait to here from you next week! Oh!!! so since it is transfers next week my p-day will be on tuesday so just remember that. So I will write you all again on tuesday!!!!!
Lots of Love,
Alayna

No comments:

Post a Comment