Hey Everyone!
I hope everyone is
doing great! I just got back from the temple. Our whole district was in
the same session today and afterwards we ate lunch in the temple
cafeteria. It was an awesome experience. Oh and I saw Aunt Sherry at the
temple today! She had just gotten out of a session and it was really
nice to see and talk to her for a bit.
So I think I maybe making Derek jealous again but guess who came to
our sunday night fireside...... Elder Ballard! He was Awesome!!!! Pres.
Brown spoke to us first and then we had a special musical number
by.......... you'll never guess. Yep, David Archuleta. He sang The
Spirit of God and the second verse he sang in spanish and I was bawling
by the end of it. He did and amazing job and it really brought the
spirit and the Elder Ballard talked about how there will never be a more
important time in our lives that serving a mission. It was all around
an Amazing Sunday! Our Tuesday night Devotional was with Elder Gibbons
of the seventy. He talked about how the most important way to be
effective in having people come unto Christ is through the members and
how our missions don't end when we come back, we are always supposed to
be doing missionary work but inviting those we know to learn more about
our religion. It was great!
This week has been pretty good but by yesterday we were all ready
for a p-day. We have had grammer lessons everyday this week, sometimes
twice in one day so my mind is fried!! We got a new district yesterday
of all boys! They seem pretty nice but they all had the Deer in the
Headlights look. I am sure I still look likt that most days.
So this week we started doing the TRC. Its a time were we get to
teach volunteers who come in, who are members, about some gopsel
principles. It was nerve racking because they are acutal members and
will have no problem telling you if your spanish is really bad. But it
was a really good expience and it was nice to get their feedback on how
we taught.
I don''t know if I told you this but right now we are teaching two
progressing investigators. They are both our teachers but one hour a day
they go into a different room and they become this other person and we
teach them like we would a real investigator. One of the investigators,
Gilberto, is really hard to teach. he just sits there and if we ask him a
question he just says "I don't know'' and thats all we can get from
him. Its really frustrating but I know that this practice will be good
for us.
So I hope I can remember everything you had asked me about mom but
if I don't say something in this e-mail I might put it in the letter. So
it would be nice to have that other old navy shirt and you don't need
to send me my sunglasses until I leave. My clothes seem to be holding up
pretty good but compared to both my companions I have no clothes
whatsoever! They have a ton of clothes, I don't think one of my
companions has had to wear the same thing twice yet. So one of my
companions has a pair of Dansko shoes but that is all I have really
seen. Most everyone wears their nice shoes around here. So I would like
to know if you could maybe send me some foot powder for my flats. They
are starting to really stink! Also if you could send me a small calender
or the one from my room I would really appreciate that. I feel like all
of the days run together and I have a hard time remembering what day it
is.
I want to thank you all for your prayers, they mean a lot to me.
Thanks for all of the letters you send and for your support. I am so
glad to be serving the lord at this time and I am so blessed to have a
family who is there to support me. I miss you all and I hope this next
week treats you well. Enjoy the beautiful weather! I love you all so
much!!!
Hermana Flack
Posted by Judy Flack
No comments:
Post a Comment