Hey Family,
It was great to get your e-mail mom!! Also thanks for all the packages and your letters.
So this week has gone by pretty fast but I feel like it all runs
together and so when it is finally p-day I feel like I don't have
anything to say. This week we got chewed out by our teacher Hermano Orme
because we don''t speak spanish all of the time. It made us all feel
horrible but it is so hard to get into Spanish mode. I guess things are
picking up for me with the language but I still have a long ways to go. I
am talking a little bit more in the lessons which is good but my
companions threaten to have me teach a whole lesson. They are great but
you know me and I want to rebel so bad at times and just tell them to
let me be but I know they are doing it because they care. This sunday
was great. Robert Swensen gave the fireside and he talked about staying
happy, having fun and doing good while we are on our missions. It was
awesome! The Temple walk was great as always but this time we spent our
day taking panoramic pictures at the temple. The movie for Sunday night
was Legacy, I never realized how cheesey that movie was until watching
it in a room full of 19 year old boys. It was hiliarious!
Classes are same old same old but we got a new district this week
and now we have 3 new Hermanas in our zone. The new district will all be
leaving in 3 weeks so they will leave before we do which makes me
really antsy! I have been here for a month and I can't even think about
being here for another month. I really hope me visa comes through on
time.
Dad or Mom, can you ask Bishop Hill for Brienne's address. I would
like to write her. So Tomorrow we have TRC which is where we teaching
people who are members so its like a family home evening. Its a great
experience and I hope things go well with that tomorrow.
On tuesday our devotional was by Elder Edwards of the seventy and
his wife. They did an excellent job! He talked about living your life in
a way that lets the spirit be with you all of the time. He also said if
we get discouraged we can read Alma 8:13 and feel better because that
is what a bad day as a missionary is. He also said that the real reason
that we all came on missions is because we love The Lord and how true
that is because that is the driving force for why I am here. In the end
he said "There are no wasted motions when you are on the Lords errand
doing his work." I Loved that! How true is that, as a missionary I
should never get discouraged if some I teach doesn't get baptized of if
someone doesn't want to listen. They will find they Gospel in their own
time and I will have helped in some small way.
Oh I forgot to tell you but I love the food at the temple! It is
way better than at the MTC. We have breakfast there every morning after
we do a session or whatever we do for our temple time. I really miss
your food mom. It was really great to get the pumpkin chocolate chip
bread, everyone loved it and it felt like home. Thank you!
Well I should probably wrap this up, my time is almost up. I love
you all so much and I know I say this all the time but thank you for all
of your love and support. Give Kenai a big kiss and a hug for me! I
miss that furry mess! Thanks again and have an Awesome week!!!!
Lots of Love,
Hna. Alayna Flack:)
Posted by Judy Flack
No comments:
Post a Comment