Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Hola from Parana!!!!!!!!!! July 23,2012

Hola Family!!!!!!
Well the past week has been quite the Adventure! I am still alive but for a while I didn´t think I would survive.
I guess I will give you the play by play. Here is goes........
So after I talked to you all in Dallas we boarded the plane and we sat there for a bit before the pilot came over the system and said that we would need to change planes because the was a not so good smell that was in the plane and the maintence had  to check it out. So we got off and had to wait until 10 o´clock that night to board a new plane and start off for Argentina. So I thought that we might meet up with our Elderes there but we didn´t. We were just with 6 other Elderes from the MTC that we had seen before. The plane ride was forever long and I hardly slept. We arrived in Buenos Aires at 10 in the morning on tuesday and it was really quite easy. We went through a quick check point and we gave them our Visas and then we met up with Aliberto, a guy who works for the church, and then we separated from the Elderes and they took me and Hna. Morgan to this van and guess who was there, Our Elderes!!!!!!!! It was weird to see them again but Awesome at the same time. They loved Alabama. So then that started our 5 hour car trip to Rosario. Now our driver didn´t speak English and we couldn´t understand him for anything!!! So after being really confused and stopping at a gas station and eating a ham sandwich and Coke,(My first and last Coke) we finally made it to the Mission Home. Presidente and Hermana Giuliani are super sweet and nice! We had my first home cooked meal in Argentina, it was really good! It was ravioli with a meat sauce and there was a ton of it! Then we had flan for dessert.
We slept over at the Mission home that night and then on wednesday morning we got our trainers. Before we found out who they were we saw two sisters getting dropped off and on was American and the other was a Native speaker. Elder Perkins turned to me and said that i would be getting the Native Speaker. I thought that I would as well but nope, I got Hermana Tourtillott!!!!! Quite the name right? Its French! She is awesome and she is from Kansas. She has been out for 8 months and she is basically fluent in Spanish. She just finished having a companion from Peru and so is is going to be able to teach me a lot.
Our area is in Parana and it is called Cinco Esquinas(Five Corners). We had to take another 4 hour bus ride to get here from Rosario. It is so strange to think that I live in Argentina! and I will be living here for the next 15 months!! It so crazy!!! Cinco Esquinas is a rather large area and some of our investigators live an hour away from our Pench(apartment). Walking! Okay now our pench is something else. The walls are concrete and we have no heating. We have a gas oven that looks like it could attack you and the word carpet doesn´t exist here. Oh and we have a Bucket Shower!!!!! When I first walked in Hna. Tourtillott asked me not to run away. I guess I looked that dumbfounded. I know that the living conditions here in Argentina aren´t like in the US but wow, it really humbles you. We we are contacting we knock on buildings that I swear we be condemned in the US. I have been extremly blessed to have grown up in the US.
Any who, we are over one ward but only 30 people come every sunday. I had to bear my testimony in church yesterday. It was quite nerve racking.
So basically I can´t understand a thing!!! They all talk super fast and so I am lost all of the time. I thought people in Texas talked a lot but nope, the people of Argentina have them beat! Hna Tourtillott just laughs at how confused I look as we are talking to people. But she is an awesome teacher and so I will be working super hard on learning the language.
I will have to tell you about all of the people that we are working with in the letter but they are quite interesting and have quite the history.
Well I hate to cut this short but I still need to write Presidente. I am so glad that everyone got down to Florida safely and that everything is Great!!! I will be writing a long letter! Promise! But I will probably be writing you on e-mail again before you get the letter. I love you all so much! Have a great week!
Lots of Love,
Alayna
 
p.s. My address is still the Mission Address. All of the mail has to go there so its the same as the one I gave you before I left.
p.p.s. I can´t believe Alexa is Engaged!!!!!!!!!!! Tell her congrats if you see her and give her my address so I can get and invite!

No comments:

Post a Comment