Monday, February 4, 2013

Snow, Snow, Snow - January 14, 2013


Hola Familia!!!!!

It was great to get your e-mails this week. I am glad that everyone is surviving the cold but it does sound like a lot. I hope that you all can have good health for this winter and that you all will only have to deal with minor colds. It is so weird for me to think that it is winter in Utah. I know that it is january but I just can´t imagine snow and cold. It is really funny when my companion and I have a hard time thinking of things in the US. There are still things here that are super strange to me but a lot of things have become normal and so I have kind of forgotten somethings from the US. Hermana Miller has it worse than me though, its kind of funny.
Also I am really sorry if my writing skills have gone down the drain. The placement of words is different in Spanish and so I feel like a lot of my sentences are worded weird.
I am glad that you all are getting snow and that it is cold, I hope that will help the summer be a little less dry. Everyone here tells us that this summer is going to be a wet summer but with a lot of heat. And it doesn´t help when we now don´t have a fridge that works. Now that is a long story and one that I can´t laugh about yet so it will be one of those crazy things I will share with all of you after the mission.:) The mission is definitely the place to learn patience.
So this has been a good week, we have had a lot of heat and it was hard to find some people, but we found so great new people and we definitely had some interesting lessons. I love the people of Argentina but I sometimes wonder about their sanity.:)
Our branch is really great and the members are hiliarious. They really care about us and they are so loving but one thing I have learned about the culture here in Argentina is that they have a very dry sense of humor. When they joke around it is very straight forward and at time it comes off really mean but I have learned that it is one of their ways to joke around with the people that they care about. So I am learning to have fast comebacks and I am really sorry if I come back with this trait. I will definitely try not to.
Valeria is still plugging along but it is really hard for her to come to church. She feels bad when she doesn´t come but it is hard for her to gear up the desire to go. So we are really trying to help her understand the importance of church and tonight we are going to be having a noche de hogar with her and her daughters.
We are also working with a great old couple that was baptized two years ago. They are really amazing people and they love to learn and it is their goal to go to the temple. We taught them this last week how to have a noche de hogar and tonight they are going to be having their first one with their daughter and her kids who aren´t members and they have asked us to come a be a support but they are going to be doing it all! They are super excited and Hermano Artigas is really excited about an object lesson that he is good to do. I love to see the fire and the spirit in the eyes of the recent converts who just get it. It makes me so happy to know that they are doing all they can to keep learning and to stay firm in the gospel.
We are going to be having so activities this month with the relief society and with the ward and so I am excited to see how we will be able to help with those.
Well I am so glad to hear that everyone is doing great! I love you all so much and I can´t wait to hear from you all next week. I will do my best to send letter this next week! 
Take care and have a fantastic week!

Lots of love,
Alayna

No comments:

Post a Comment